After looong posts of brushes and things, today I am in the mood for posting something fun. Ready to Wear Eye Palette of Addiction in Mudd Club is just right for that. Look at the color combination!
|Addiction Ready to Wear Eye Palette #04 Mudd Club|
I have first seen it in Belly's post about special edition packages and limited edition palettes of Addiction. It was instant love for me. After finding out that this one is part of the permanent collection, it went straight into my wish list. At some point I was lucky enough to snatch one from a blog sale, which as usual had to travel around the world to get here. Now that the wait is over and I could find the courage to touch it, let me show you what it can do...
|Close-up: Addiction Ready to Wear Eye Palette #04 Mudd Club|
The eye shadows have an interesting finish. They are very pigmented, almost matte with a little shimmer giving life to these. Under artificial light, shimmer becomes more apparent but still decent and beautiful. These are that kind of eye shadows which are not lifeless mattes but not frosts or metallics, they must be one of the most beautiful satin finishes I have seen. The shades are as follows:
- Satin black with multi colored sparse shimmer (top left)
- Aqua blue with silver shimmer (top right)
- Reddish plum with multi dimensional shimmer (bottom right)
- White with slight satin finish (bottom left)
|Full sun swatch: Addiction Ready to Wear Eye Palette #04 Mudd Club|
I started with a rather safe approach on this palette, not to get disappointed by the first application since the shades and the finish increased my expectation.
- Primed my lid with Nars Pro Prime
- Padded a stripe of aqua blue to the middle of the lid with a dense shader brush
- Padded some white shade (bottom left) to the inner corner towards the middle of the lid
- Applied the plum shade (bottom right) elsewhere on the lid, blending with aqua blue and white
- Defined the crease with the black shade (top left).
- Applied eye liner to top and bottom as well as to water line. I smudged this with a smokey brush (Laura Mercier) and added some of the aqua blue while smudging the liner on top and bottom, smoking it out in a blue/green way.
- Applied two coats of mascara (YSL Baby Doll).
|In-action: Addiction Ready to Wear Eye Palette #04 Mudd Club|
After this I went out for a test at some local counters and it worked. I got five questions on who did my make-up, which I politely answered by stating that I know a beauty blogger and she loves fun shades on the eyes. And the best feeling is that I know I won't be finished playing with this palette for a long time to come because I have at least 3 more things I would love to try out. I will start by applying those on a black basis! That will be so vibrantly beautiful I am sure.
Addiction Mudd Club can be purchased from Ichibankao (not an affiliate link) if you are outside of Japan.
Final thoughts: Fun! So much fun!
Would you ever consider plum and aqua blue together? Does this combination inspire you too?