Today I have received an e-mail from a reader who was very frustrated after receiving her order from Selfridges. She paid over $500 to get some palettes which she already owned. I decided to post about this and let everyone know in case you are planning to purchase one or more of the YSL Swarovski-Embellished Couture Palettes. These are exclusive to Selfridges and they have pretty city names as well as crystals on their front cover and they retail for about 1.5 times the regular price because of this add-on. Stacey was crazy enough to order three of these and posted about it here. She also confirmed the following information, so be aware that:
- Dubai is the same palette as #03 Afrique (reviewed here)
- Hong Kong is the same palette as #09 Love (swatched here, review coming up soon)
- New York is the same palette as #04 Saharienne (swatched here, review coming up soon)
- London is the same as #02 Fauves (reviewed here)
- There seems to be another palette which is missing at Selfridges website at the moment, it might be sold out. The name was Paris and it is the same one as #07 Parisienne (reviewed here)
It was reported that Swarovski-Embellished Couture Palettes were numbered right after their twins and on the package the city names was not indicated. On Selfridges website though, there is nothing that indicates these are exactly the same and the numbers are not written. Also the photos are different, city palettes have lighter colors and regular ones have more contrast. This makes it easy for someone who orders online to make a mistake. I just would like to let you know so that you know what you are ordering. Thanks to Ashlee for the information, who unfortunately had to pay over $40 to send her items back.
How do you feel about special packaging and exclusive items? Would you splurge just for the packaging? I would love to read your thoughts on this.