I must have forgotten how it feels like. Now I remember, having a cold is not fun. Nothing serious really but my sore throat and constant head ache prevents me from doing anything other than activities which require no brain, like shopping online, ugh, very dangerous!
Chanel recently released a capsule collection around their new Glosses, Rouge Allure Gloss. These now open in a similar fashion to their signature Rouge Allure Lipsticks. You have to click on the top side and voila, the golden part comes up so you can take the brush out of the tube. Tube is black and opaque similar to Rouge Allure Extrait de Gloss. In this collection there are 3 new nail polishes, 10 Rouge Allure Glosses and 3 new Rouge Allure Lipsticks and one lipliner besides some re-promote products, shall we take a look?
|My Picks from Chanel Rouge Allure Gloss One Click Collection featuring Rouge Allure Gloss #16 in Extase|
I would like to start with the nail polishes. The collection has three new nail polishes:
- #633 Intention
- #635 Expression
- #639 Exception
Unfortunately Chanel decided not to bring one of them to Europe. The reason they stated was that the yellow undertones in #633 Intention (I found a nice swatch of it here) was not flattering for European skin tones. I will try to ignore their main streaming approach. I want to believe that they had hard time selling their stock of Beige and they want to prevent it from happening again.
As #633 Intention stays to be another Chanel nail polish yet to be hunted (in case you see it, please contact me!), meanwhile I would like to show you the other two that I purchased.
Chanel Le Vernis #635 in Expression is a lovely blue based red cream. Just that I was thinking I don't wear reds anymore, I put on Expression to take photos and I didn't want to take it out. I loved the balance in there: not too bright (Rouge Rubis) nor too muted (Cinema), not too cool nor too warm. I am not going to go into a comparison effort here since it may take weeks. When I see Chanel reds coming, I sigh and remember my post 50 Shades of Red ;-)
Consistency of Expression is great, I applied two coats for the photo below.
|Swatch: Chanel Le Vernis #625 Expression|
Chanel Le Vernis #639 Exception is a deep plummy/brownish red. I believe this tone flatters cooler and lighter complexions. Since I am tanned at the moment, I didn't like it on me and so rather a miss for me. I will try it again after my tan fades. The very interesting news though is that the below photos are taken with just one coat. Yes, this is a one coater!
|Swatch: Chanel Le Vernis #629 Exception|
There are in total ten new Rouge Allure Gloss shades. We received nine of them in Germany. I decided to swatch them for you. Thank you very much for lovely SA in Stuttgart Breuninger for helping me out with the swatches. If you ever come to Stuttgart Germany, you should definitely drop by Breuninger and chat with Chanel stuff there.
Here is a list of the colors released here:
- #12 Exotique is a mid-toned orange beige. On my lips it looked very natural, not too orange. I might go back for this one if I learn to get along with the package (read on for my thoughts on that one).
- #13 Affriolant is a mid-toned bright warm pink. I tried this one and #16 Extase, to compare. They are very similar but Affriolant would flatter warmer skin tones as well as those of you who usually opt for brighter lip shades.
- #15 Sensible is a light milky cool pink, I haven't tried it but if you like cooler paler pinks, this is your shade.
- #16 Extase is a mid-toned cool pink with a touch of mauve undertone. This is definitely my shade from the nine here, hence my pick. You can see my FOTD at the end of this post.
- #17 Supreme: A lovely fuchsia which is not too bright. I was thinking about buying it until I put it on at the counter, came home and realized it would be hard for me to wear with stronger eye looks. Nevertheless this shade is lovely.
- #18 Seduction: A cooler red for those of you who like blue-based reds.
- #19 Pirate: The signature red of Chanel, now in their new gloss formula. I own that one in Rouge Allure form, I rarely wear it so I haven't tried it.
- #20 Audace (limited edition): I was very intrigued by this plummy brown. After trying it out two times and make sure I am not missing it (it is limited edition), I safely skipped it. SA told me that it is a best seller at the moment, but again similar to Exception on my nails, this one was too brown for my face.
- #21 Distinction is a deep plum, which you might want to check out for this season. It is not too purple so easier to wear for warmer complexions.
|Chanel Rouge Allure Gloss One Click Tubes|
|Chanel Rouge Allure Gloss One Click Swatches|
Before I go into how I feel about the new Rouge Allure Gloss formula and packaging I would like to show you the swatches of the three new Rouge Allures and similar shades from the permanent line. Three new shades are:
- #149 Elegante: A deep plum, it is deeper and a tad cooler than Envoutante.
- #148 Foudroyante: A mid toned to deep rosy brown. It is a bit lighter and has more rose in it once compared to Farouche.
- #146 Craquante (limited edition): A light cool pin, it would be flattering on lighter complexions. It is cooler and lighter than Seduisante.
|Chanel Rouge Allure Gloss One Click Collection, Swatches & Comparison of new Rouge Allure Lipsticks.|
I picked up #16 Extase to try the new formula out. Here are my thoughts:
I find the formula to be a cross between regular Chanel glosses and Rouge Allure Extraits. It has the pigmentation of Extraits but look of a gloss if that makes sense.
Some of the shades have some micro-shimmer in them but all in all they are glossy but not metallic nor shimmery. If you like wet lip looks you might like the formula.
These didn't stay long on me, max. three hours. If you eat or drink something, you have to reapply.
Although I like the idea of clickable gloss packing and love the package of Rouge Allure Lipsticks, I don't find this very practical once used. The reason is that you have to live with the amount which comes on the applicator, you can't get rid off the access by rubbing it to the neck of the tube because this neck doesn't exist anymore. If you are done i one swipe, great. If you want a little bit more for here and there, you end up getting too much product.
I also don't see a particular advantage of a clickable package. For the lipsticks, it is great because it doesn't open in your purse but Extrait Glosses had a twist tube, which had no disadvantages.
Thumbs down for the packaging in my opinion.
Chanel Rouge Allure Gloss One Click costs exactly the same as Rouge Allure Extrait de Gloss, around 33 € in Germany. Be aware though, you are getting 6 g (0.20 OZ) of product instead of 8 g (0.28 OZ).
|Chanel Rouge Allure Gloss One Click #16 Extase|
Here is me wearing Rouge Allure Gloss One Click #16 Extase. I am not a gloss girl and given the less product for same money and a tricky to use packaging, I believe I got all what I wanted from the collection at the moment. I just have to hunt Le Vernis #633 Intention down. Below I combined Extase with MAC Fun Ending Blush on the cheeks. I will post about the eye makeup this week ;-)
|FOTD: Chanel Rouge Allure Gloss One Click #16 Extase|
Final thoughts: Although I like the shades, Chanel Rouge Allure Gloss One Clicks are rather a miss for me since they have less product for same money and the packaging is really not practical to use and prone to waste of product. The nail polishes and Rouge Allure Lipsticks from the collection are worth to check out, they are permanent though so take your time.
Chanel Rouge Allure Gloss One Click Collection is started launching in Europe. It will be available in the States in October.
I would be very interested in your thoughts on this, do you like the new packaging? Do you see an advantage of clickable tube?